The South Huron Hospital Association (SHHA) works diligently to ensure that your patient privacy is protected. We take steps to protect your patient information from theft, loss, and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure, and disposal.
Additionally, we conduct routine audits and investigations to monitor, manage, and confirm privacy compliance in our organization. Staff at SHHA must complete yearly privacy and confidentiality training.
As a patient at SHHA you have the right to:
- Have your health record kept private and secure
- Be informed if your personal health information has been lost, stolen, or inappropriately accessed
- Amend/correct your health record if you believe there are errors or omissions of facts
- Request that SHHA restricts the use or sharing of your patient information. SHHA will comply with your wishes unless it conflicts with our legal requirements.
- Contact the Privacy Officer if you have any concerns regarding your patient privacy
Health Records & Privacy Officer Contact Information
Health Records Clerk
T: 519-235-2700 ext. 5171
T: 519-235-2700 ext. 5110