Patient & Family Advisory Council
The South Huron Hospital Association (SHHA) is committed to placing patients and their families first and our goal is to view the healthcare experience through their eyes. Representing the voice of SHHA’s patients and families, our Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) partners with staff and physicians to provide direct input into policies, programs, and practices which effect the patient experience.
Purpose, Functions, and Objectives of the PFAC:
- To serve in an advisory capacity and make recommendations on matters that impact the patient and family experience at SHHA.
- To bring knowledge, expertise and feedback from their neighbours, family, or personal experience on how SHHA can improve.
- To ensure the patient and family voice is integrated in the planning, delivery and evaluation of services at SHHA.
- To assist the Board in upholding exceptional care being provided to the people of our communities.
- Patients will become more involved in the hospital’s care, safety and service-improvement initiatives.
- To ensure that the perspective of patients and their families is incorporated into organizational activities and decision-making.
If you are interested in joining our Patient and Family Advisory Council, please contact email@example.com.