Please do not let fears of COVID-19 in our community keep you from seeking medical care. The South Huron Hospital Association (SHHA) remains a safe place to seek care and attend outpatient appointments.
Please visit this page frequently, as changes may occur at any time to align with direction from Public Health Ontario, Ontario Health, and the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
You may visit the Province of Ontario’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage to help educate yourself about COVID-19, including how you can protect yourself, and what to do it you suspect you may be at risk.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information can be found by visiting Huron Perth Public Health's dedicated COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
Information regarding current COVID-19 case counts in Huron and Perth counties can be found on the Huron Perth Public Health website.
At SHHA, we have implemented several changes to keep our patients, staff, physicians, and hospital environment safe during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- To minimize the number of contacts within the hospital, we ask that you please attend your appointment on your own.
to this include pediatric patients, and patients who require a
caregiver and would otherwise be at risk if their caregiver did not
- Please use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer pumps located throughout the hospital to clean your hands often.
If you have a mask or face covering, please wear it to your appointment to cover your mouth, nose, and chin. If you don’t have one, SHHA will provide one.
You will be expected to wear a mask for the duration of your time in the hospital. Our staff will also be wearing masks. If at any time your mask becomes soiled, damp, or damaged, please let a member of our team know, and a clean mask will be provided for you.
- We ask that where possible, you please maintain a 2m (6ft) distance between yourself and others for the duration of your visit.
- Our booking structures have been revised to eliminate or minimize wait times. If you must wait, please follow floor signs to ensure physical distancing.
- Upon arrival, we will ask you to provide your appointment information and will also screen you for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, travel history, and any exposure to a person with COVID-19.
In order to best protect the health of our patients and staff members, visiting at SHHA may be restricted during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visiting guidelines will follow one of the categories as outlined in the SHHA COVID-19 Visiting Framework. If you have questions about which category SHHA is following, please contact the nursing team at 519-235-2700 ext. 5186.
recognize the importance of staying in touch with family and friends.
As such, all patients have been provided with a phone, free of charge
for the duration of their hospital stay.
Visiting may be
permitted in exceptional circumstances for compassionate reasons. If you
have any questions or wish to discuss your circumstances with the
nursing team, please call 519-235-2700 ext. 5186.