South Huron Hospital Association (SHHA) offers a variety of diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Bone Mineral Density Testing
- Holter Monitoring (via Medishare)
The Diagnostic Imaging Department is staffed 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. After regular working hours, the Diagnostic Imaging Department is staffed by “on call” personnel for emergencies only.
All outpatient procedures are completed by appointment only. Please have your physician complete SHHA’s Diagnostic Imaging Requisition and fax it to 519-235-4888. For any results or follow up, you will be directed to the same doctor who ordered the tests, unless otherwise noted on the requisition.
Preparations for an Ultrasound Procedure
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before the ultrasound procedure
Obstetrical or Pelvic Ultrasound
- Finish 40 ounces of water 1½ hours before your procedure time
- Do not empty your bladder until after the procedure has been completed
Need to reschedule your appointment? Have questions about the preparations for a procedure? Contact our Diagnostic Imaging Department at 519-235-2700 ext. 5163.