Temporary Part-time positions available – Mar. 2022
OPSEU Bargaining Unit
Internal / External Posting
About The South Huron Hospital Association (SHHA):
We serve the Municipality of South Huron and its adjacent communities—a catchment area of approximately 19,000 residents. The hospital is located in the village of Exeter, approximately 30 minutes north of London, and provides 24/7 emergency services in addition to acute, rehabilitation and complex continuing care inpatient services and various diagnostic and ambulatory services. Our staff also supports family practice and walk-in care at the South Huron Medical Centre. As a small rural hospital, we cherish the relationship we have with our community and pledge uncompromising standards to those we serve.
The position of Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for the implementation, preparation, working and processing of ultrasound exams to produce high quality studies for interpretation by Radiologists both on and off site.
- Ability to exercise good clinical judgment and application of practical and theoretical ultrasound knowledge to best serve the needs of Radiologists providing diagnoses from images generated
- Strong interpersonal verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills
- Evidence of commitment to continuing education to meet professional accreditation guidelines
- Skill transfer and/or peer mentoring
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Abilities):
- Sonography Canada CRGS credentialed member
- Member in good standing with CMRTO
- Graduate of a recognized Diagnostic Medical Sonography program that includes a clinical skills assessment process
- Ideally 2 - 5 years imaging experience in an accredited Hospital environment and/or equal relevant experience in a private facility with continual mentorship by Canadian certified and licensed Radiologists
- Demonstrated competency in all aspects of general sonography
- Vascular, Musculoskeletal and Obstetrical (including NT scanning) experience preferred
- Experience with Cerner and PACS software suites considered a strong asset
- Current Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Screen and immunization status (including COVID-19 vaccination) required upon hire.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.
Qualified individuals may submit a resume and covering letter in confidence via this website. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.